P.O. Box 330, S.R. 278
Zaleski, Ohio 45698-0330
Public Recreational Areas near Zaleski State Forest
Use ODNR's Recreational Areas by County Map to locate State Parks, Nature Preserves, Boating Areas,
and public hunting and fishing areas near Zaleski State Forest.
Zaleski State Forest Notes
Zaleski State Forest is the second largest forest in the system. The
Zaleski State Forest Backpack Trail
was established on the forest to
provide backpacking opportunities as well as to introduce some scenic
historic aspects of the forest. The main trail is a loop of 23.5
miles. There is also a 10-mile day loop trail
General Forest Rules
State Forest is open to visitors between the hours of 6 a.m. and 11
p.m. daily. Legal campers,
- hunters and anglers may be present during
- Operation of motor vehicles is
restricted to roads provided for such travel. The speed limit on state
- rest roads is 30 mph unless otherwise posted. Vehicles may not be
parked where traffic or access to
- division service roads or trails will
- Horses may be ridden only along forest roads or on designated bridle trails.
- Fires are not permitted except in grills or fire rings provided or in portable stoves. Fires must be
- attended at all times.
- Litter must be disposed of in receptacles provided.
- Camping is permitted only in areas provided and designated for such use.
- Public display or consumption of any alcoholic beverage is prohibited.
defacement or destruction of any property, material, natural feature or
- is prohibited. Berries, nuts and mushrooms may be gathered
and removed except from tree seed
- orchards or posted areas.
- General visitation guidelines