Minnesota: Lake Elmo Park Reserve|
Posted on Monday, October 17 @ 12:51:50 MST by iljiana
1515 Keats Avenue North
Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Lake Elmo Park Reserve is 2,165 acres in size (3 ½
square miles) with 80 percent of its acreage set aside for preservation
and protection. This 80 percent will eventually resemble the land as it
was prior to the arrival of the settlers in the mid-1800s. This park
reserve offers gently rolling hills with a variety of landscape types,
including forest and prairie. Watch for pheasants, weasels, red fox,
woodpeckers, cardinals, cottontail rabbits, squirrels and white-tailed
- 20 camping sites (non-electric)
- Hand pump for water and faucet
- Portable toilets
- Firewood is available at the park office
- Pets and alcoholic beverages are not allowed
- Trailhead facility with hitching posts - adjacent to the equestrian campground
- 8 miles of multi-use turf trails are available to equestrian users in the spring, summer, and fall.
- Equestrian trails are shared with mountain bike users and hikers
- Horses are not allowed on paved trails or on roads
Equestrian Trail Safety
- Stay on the mowed pathways shown on your Equestrian Center brochure
- When encountering hikers and bikers, let safety be your guide
Located 1 mile north of I-94 and 2.5 miles east of
I-694 at the intersection of County Road 19 (Keats Avenue North) and
County Road 10 (10th Street North) in the City of Lake Elmo, Minnesota.
- Before a trail ride begins, equestrian users are requested to check
at the Park Office or information kiosks located throughout the park,
where information on trail conditions and closures will be posted.
- Trails cannot be used when they are designated closed by park staff.
- From Interstate Highway 94, exit at County Road 19. Follow County
Road 19 to the north for one mile to County Road 10. Cross County Road
10 and proceed into the park.
- From Interstate Highway 694, exit at County Road 10 (10th Street
North). Follow County Road 10 east for 2.6 miles. Turn left (north)
into the park.
- From State Highway 5 in downtown Lake Elmo, follow County Road 17
south for 2.5 miles to County Road 10 (10th Street North). Turn right
(west) on County Road 10 for one mile. Turn right (north) into the park.
For more information: Lake Elmo Park Reserve